Website URLs are one of the most common elements of a successful website that have to be SEO-friendly to deliver the desired results. URLs are basically your web address, which helps the visitors to find you over the internet or intranet. Structuring them seems easy, but it is not actually because you have to act smartly to make it simple yet pronounceable, so, your visitors can easily remember them for their next visit. There are a number of things you need to keep in mind while doing so, and if you are new to it and confuse what exactly to take into consideration, the tips mentioned below are for you. Take a look for more details.
- Use Simple Words: While constructing your website structure makes sure you use simple words that are very easy to remember. It helps the search engines as well as users to reach your website in an easy manner. Simplicity has its own beauty; so, try to make it as simple as possible to keep it in the mind of the visitors for a longer period.
- Clean Away The Codes: Another important thing to keep in mind while creating URLs for your website is that if there is any inner page or any other page, so, make sure, it also contains simple words and not the codes, which are hard to remember and make it look like a mess. Cleaning such codes away from your web address makes it look attractive and well-structured, which easily capture the visitor’s attention.
- Add The Keyword Smartly: Keyword is crucial to optimize your website for search engines and you can use one of your important keywords while structuring your URLs. This may help the search engines to easily crawl your website and make them look more attractive.
- Keep It Simple, Short And Sweet: Keeping the URLs simple, short and sweet helps the reader to save it in their memory for next time, which automatically increase your credibility and helps you earn more in all good ways.
- Use Hyphens To Separate Words: The use of hyphens is important not only for the readers, but for the search engines as well. These are treated as space to separate words. On the other hand, the use of underscore is restricted in URLs as per the Google because they are considered as one word.
These simple tips make it easier for you to structure SEO-friendly URLs for your website that ensure better ranking and results.